Preparing for inspection of early reading
Key Stage: Primary
Tutor(s): Gill McCleave
Who is it for?
English subject leaders, Phonics leaders, Senior leaders
Any documents that delegates should download prior to course:
You may find it helpful to have a copy of the EIF, your school's reading policy and any reading curriculum documentation.
Reading is of central importance in learning - and it is a focus for all school inspections.
This course aims to support leaders to:
- understand the place of reading in the Education Inspection Framework (EIF)
- understand what inspectors are looking for
- recognise some of the myths about inspection of reading
- evaluate their reading policies and curriculum documentation
- consider how self-evaluation processes can support preparation for inspection - and inform school improvement work