School Information Session - Cost of Living Crisis: What can households do?
Key Stage: Primary/ Secondary
Tutor(s): Janine Brown
Who is it for:
● School Business Managers
● Senior Leaders
● Parent Support Advisers
● Family Support Advisers
This School Information Session will provide details of support that is available for parents and carers who are experiencing financial difficulty.
It will cover:
● Welfare benefits - an overview of benefits relevant to households with school-age children
● Energy - how households can reduce energy costs
● Grants - what grants are available, and how to access them
● Emergency support - how to access crisis support, including energy vouchers and data vouchers
● Saving money - information on schemes to reduce expenditure on essentials such as water and telephone
● Practical support - where are local food banks, community pantries and providers of other practical assistance
● Who can help - what organisations are there locally who can help, and how to access them
This is a virtual event and will take place on Zoom and Teams, you will be provided with a link and any needed log in details to join upon booking.