Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council - Staff Flu Vaccinations
For use by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council Staff only
Prior to Vaccination
· Please arrive on time for your appointment.
· On arrival, please follow the instructions for hand cleansing and social distancing that are in place.
· Please wear a face covering while attending your appointment.
· Please wear a top/shirt which enables the sleeve to be pushed up to the shoulder. The Nurse needs quick and easy access to the top of your arm to administer the vaccination.
· Please ensure you have signed and returned this form to occupational health.
Do Not Attend your appointment ifyou are unwell with a cold or any symptoms of coronavirus; fever, persistent cough, loss of taste/smell. Your appointment can be rearranged when you are well.
· Like all vaccines, the flu vaccination can cause side effects, a very small number of people experience a mild fever or aching muscles, but this is simply the immune system responding to the vaccine. The most common side effect is redness, soreness, hardness, swelling around the injection site. These symptoms settle within one to three days.
· It may take 10 to 14 days for your immunity to build up after the flu vaccination.