You haven't used this form for a while - to protect your data, the form session will expire soon
Your cookie preferences were saved
● apply for a licence to drive private hire or hackney carriage vehicles or both
Application takes around 20 minutes.
● your DVLA driving licence
● a digital passport style photo that can be uploaded
● your safeguarding awareness certificate
● your taxi driving assesment certificate
● a debit or credit card to make payment
Check licensing fees (opens in new tab)
You should fully read and understand the licensing policy (opens in new tab) before completing this application form.
A licence will not be issued until all qualifying criteria in the licensing policy has been met.
Once an application form has been submitted we will send you a medical form to be completed by you and your GP and then returned.
If you are not in the DBS update service you will need to complete an online DBS application (opens in new tab)
You will need to call 01642 524802 to make an appointment for your DBS and Right to Work documents to be verified.
The Council uses your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation. For more details on how we use your personal information please view our Privacy Notices page (opens in new tab).