● renew a private hire, hackney carriage or combined driver licence
● renew a private hire or hackney carriage vehicle licence
● complete an annual driver declaration
Application takes around 10 minutes.
● you may be asked to upload evidence and a digital passport style photo
● for driver renewals or annual declaration you will need your DVLA licence details to produce a share code
● for vehicle renewals you will need to upload a valid insurance certificate
Applications should be submitted at least 10 working days prior to expiry date of a current licence.
Your driver / vehicle licence renewal fee is being paid via the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) which is a discretionary scheme and is targeted at businesses that; have been legally required to close due to local restrictions (but are not business rates payers/account holders); or those not required to close but have been severely impacted by local restrictions. In recognition of the impact the restrictions have had on the licensed trade we are utilising our ARG fund to support Stockton-on-Tees driver and vehicle licence renewal fees from March 2021 - February 2022.
The Council uses your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation. For more details on how we use your personal information please view our Privacy Notices page.